Market Focus 2015: GEM
Investment Week is proud to announce our eigth Market Focus 2015: GEM, to be held on Wednesday 20th May in London.
The long-running debate on whether to invest in a single strategy emerging markets vehicle, or access the asset class through a more diversified global strategy, has returned to the spotlight over the past few months. Last year saw very mixed fortunes for emerging markets as India funds were top across all sectors, but Russia funds slumped to the bottom. Overall, emerging markets suffered significant outflows as investor concerns about global macro-economic risks weighed on sentiment. However, there are still bright spots in the region with the reform agenda of countries like India, for example, providing opportunities for investors. MSCI's decision to broaden out its benchmark China index, to include Chinese companies listed in America, is also providing an interesting talking point in the sector.
At this Investment Week event, fund managers will be explaining how they are currently positioned, at both a stock and sector level, to weather the current storms.
Developed for the industry's most important investors; this concise full-day conference will give you the chance to:
- Hear from fund managers to develop your market knowledge
- Discuss and consider the most current trends and emerging market developments keeping you ahead of competitors
- Build valuable relationships with peers and experts alike facilitating business growth
- Listen to insightful presentations from industry experts
- Debate where opportunities lie within various types of emerging markets to drive new revenue
*Please note: Places are complimentary for discretionary investment professionals who actively invest client assets, or researchers/analysts who influence buying decisions.